B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
|Affiliated to||Duration||Academic Year||Intake||Theory Exam||Curriculum|
|University of Mumbai||4 years, Full Time||2 semesters each||120||University of Mumbai||Sem I - VIII|
The Faculty of the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering are experts in numerous disciplines and are involved in following research areas:
- Antenna Design
- Communication Networks
- Digital Communication
- Signal Processing
- Mobile Communication
- Speech and Biomedical Signal Processing
- Medical and Document Image Processing
- Communication Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Fiber Optics Communication
- Wireless Communication
- Communication Systems
- Optical Fibre Communication
- Data Compression
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab
- Communication Lab
- Advance Communication Lab
- Computer Simulation Lab
- Digital Communication Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Project Lab
- Research Lab
The field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is the utilisation of complex apparatus and electronic mechanisms to produce state of the art telecommunication systems capable of processing information at incredible speeds.
Specialist engineers of this field design the electronic equipment devised to revolutionise the industries of entertainment, IT, communication and defense. As developments in communication technologies continue to shape and increasingly improve our daily lives, electronic engineers gain a crucial catalytic role in evolving modern society.
As globalization continues, modern engineers face the exciting challenge of providing the technological infrastructure that will accommodate instant international communication. The curriculum of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering equips students with a rigorous understanding of basic science and engineering concepts so that learners may acquire a full knowledge of computer architecture and microprocessors, VLSI and embedded systems, electromagnetic field theory, analog and digital communication, digital signal processing, microwave and broadband communications.
- Strive towards producing world class engineers who will continuously innovate, upgrade telecommunication technology and provide advanced, hazard-free solutions to the mankind.
- Inspire, educate and empower students to ensure green and sustainable society.
- Benchmarking against technologically sound global telecommunication institutions with a view towards continuous improvement.
- Continually exposing students to scenarios that demand structuring of complex problems and proposing solutions.
- Educate students and promote values that can prevent further degradation of our planet. Becoming responsible citizens genuinely concerned with and capable of contributing to a just and peaceful world.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Provide graduates with a strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to enable them to analyze and solve challenging problems in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Impart analytic and thinking skills to develop innovative ideas in the field of Telecommunication Engineering.
- To keep students up to date with the latest advancement in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication.
- Inculcate qualities of leadership skills, multidisciplinary team work and an ability to adapt to evolving professional environment in the field of Engineering and Technology.
- To create awareness among the students towards ethical, social and environmental issues in the professional career.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:
Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning:
Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Able to understand the concept of Basic Electronics, Network and Circuit Analysis, Analog and Digital circuits, Signals and System, Electromagnetics and apply them in various areas like Microwave Engineering, Wireless Communication, Digital image processing, Advance Communication systems etc.
- Able to use techniques, skills, software, equipments and modern engineering tools necessary for Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers to identify, formulate and solve problems in industries and research work.
- Able to work in multidisciplinary environment to provide socially acceptable technical solutions for complex communication engineering problems.