B.E. in Electronics and Computer Science
|Affiliated to||Duration||Academic Year||Intake||Theory Exam||Curriculum|
|University of Mumbai||4 years, Full Time||2 semesters each||90||University of Mumbai||Sem I - VIII|
The faculty of Department of Electronics & Computer Science Engineering are experts in numerous disciplines and are involved in following research areas:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Big data
- Automation and Robotics
- Image processing & Machine Vision
- Embedded Systems
- VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration)
- Power Electronics
- PCB Design Lab
- BEEE Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Analog Electronics Lab
- Computer Networking Lab
- Project Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Advanced Electronics Lab
The Research Lab in the Department of Electronics Engineering conducts research in numerous fields such as Antenna Design, Signal and Image Processing and in Applications of Drone Technology.
The Electronics & Computer Science (ECS) program integrates two core branches of engineering; Electronics Engineering and Computer Science. The ECS graduates get an exposure to build smart systems that involve sensors, processors, actuators, communication networks, IoT, Data Science and Data Analytics. The curriculum of ECS has been framed in such a manner that it caters the industry requirement as well as the latest technological trends.
Advanced courses like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Data Sciences, Computer Networks, IoT, Mobile Communication, VLSI etc. have been added to cater to Industry 4.0 technologies. This program also prepares students to pursue higher education in either Electronics Engineering or Computer Science stream.
Advance curriculum and intensive hands-on course work through Mini projects and project based learning prepares students for success in a wide range of industries, from software to bioengineering, automotive, aeronautical, process control, healthcare and agriculture. We, at PCE, provide an in-depth and quality education and encourage our students to apply what they learn through projects, internships, and research.
- To produce professionally competent and socially responsible engineers capable of working globally.
- To provide in-depth quality education in Electronics & Computer Science Engineering and prepare the students for lifelong learning.
- To develop professional engineers who can critically and creatively apply the knowledge of engineering principles to solve real world problems.
- To inculcate entrepreneurship skills and impart ethical and social values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will have the ability to apply engineering knowledge and skills to provide solutions to real world technical problems.
- Graduates will be successful as engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs with a multidisciplinary approach contributing towards research and technological developments.
- Graduates will have the ability to pursue higher education in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and allied streams.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility while maintaining ethical standards.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling of complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning:
Recognized the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Gain knowledge and skills to analyse and design Electronics circuits as well as Computer Programs.
- Develop hardware and software systems in the areas like Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning, Big Data, Information Security, Automation, Embedded Systems, Signal Processing and Communication Systems.
- Apply modern Electronics and Computer engineering techniques and tools to find solutions for real life interdisciplinary problems.