B.E. in Electronics Engineering
|Affiliated to||Duration||Academic Year||Intake||Theory Exam||Curriculum|
|University of Mumbai||4 years, Full Time||2 semesters each||90||University of Mumbai||Sem I - VIII|
The Faculty of the Department of Electronics Engineering are experts in numerous disciplines and are involved in following research areas:
- Digital Image Processing
- VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration)
- Signal Processing
- Power Electronics
- Embedded System
- Control System
- MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems)
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- IOT (Internet Of Things)
- Power Electronics
- PCB Design Lab
- BEEE Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Analog Electronics Lab
- Computer Networking Lab
- Project Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Advanced Electronics Lab
The Research Lab in the Department of Electronics Engineering conducts research in numerous fields such as Antenna Design, Signal and Image Processing and in Applications of Drone Technology.
Electronics Engineering is the study of the design, development, manufacture and application of electronic devices, circuits and systems. In this field of Engineering, ideas and innovation become reality in the form of personal computers, mobile telephones, pacemakers, radio, television, industrial control and satellite communications systems.
Electronics Engineers have the opportunity to work with contemporary industry developments such as the growing business of optoelectronics which deals with hardware that converts electrical signals to visible infrared light or vice-versa. Examples such as solar cells, LEDs (light-emitting diodes), fiber optics and lasers, which are integral components of everyday devices like compact disc players, supermarket barcode scanners and long distance systems.
- To produce highly qualified and motivated Electronics Engineers who can participate in technological development and research activities at national and international level.
- To attract, develop and retain dedicated, excellent teachers, scholars and professionals from Electronics Engineering background who are committed to make a significant difference in the lives of their students and the community.
- To develop professional engineers possessing fundamental knowledge of Electronics Engineering, ethical attitude and effective communication skills along with respect for environment through quality education, practical training and interaction with industries and social organization.
- To nurture creativity and critical thinking in applying electronics engineering skills to face the global challenges in technical arena and for research activities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals to solve engineering problems in areas which may include controls, Network and circuit analysis, communications, analog and digital electronics, microprocessors and microcontrollers, embedded systems, VLSI, signals and systems and image processing.
- To train students to comprehend, analyse, design and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems with multidisciplinary approach.
- To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication and paper writing skills.
- To provide students the knowledge and skills related to design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation, test and maintenance of electronics systems as required by industry through rigorous education.
- To promote in students the awareness of the lifelong learning, higher studies, research attitude, entrepreneurship skills and to make them capable of self education.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning:
Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Able to understand the concept of Basic Electronics, controls, Network and circuit analysis, analog and digital circuits and to apply them in various areas like signals and system, communication, microcontrollers and embedded systems, VLSI etc.
- Able to use techniques, skills, software, equipments and modern engineering tools necessary for electronics engineers to identify, formulate and solve problems in industries and during research work.
- Able to apply knowledge of ethical and professional principles required to work in a team as well as in entrepreneurship and to provide engineering solution to real life application.