M.E. in Mechanical Engineering (Thermal Engineering)
|Affiliated to||Duration||Academic Year||Intake||Exam Structure||Curriculum|
|University of Mumbai||2 years, Full Time||2 semesters each||18||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work||Sem I - IV|
The Faculty of the Department of Mechanical Engineering are experts in numerous disciplines and are involved in following research areas:
- Advanced heat transfer
- Renewable Energy
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Thermal Engineering Lab (Steam Power Plant)
- CNC Lab
- Fluid Mechanics
- Refrigeration and Airconditioning
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Computer Lab
- Strength of Materials
- Theory of Machinery
- Machine Shop
- Machining Station
Smart Materials Lab
The Smart Materials Lab devises fundamental and applied research in the field of new materials development. The lab focuses on development of ferrofluids, silicone based composite structures, 3D printing materials among many other topics.
- To develop a world class programme with excellence in teaching, learning and research that would lead to growth, innovation and recognition.
- The mission of the Mechanical Engineering Program is to benefit the society at large by providing technical education to interested and capable students. These technocrats should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering and research skills to identify problems in the industry and academia and be able to develop practical solutions to them.