Ph.D. in Information Technology
Graduates with a Ph.D. in IT receive the experience of working with a faculty mentor, performing original research and working on unsolved and difficult problems. Students gain investigative skills and further develop quantitative skills. In addition, their critical thinking skills are strengthened and they are able to create new applications and form theories that further advance the field.
Information Technology produces frontier research on the economic, business and organizational implications of digital technologies. Ph.D. students in the IT group are expected to acquire a solid grasp of underlying information technologies and principles of information theory, along with their organizational and economic implications. Students and faculty address research questions raised by the emerging digital economy, the transformation of organizations and markets and opportunities for new business models.
|Courses||Year of Establishment||Sanctioned Strength||Curriculum|
|Information Technology||2019||10||click here|
The Faculty of the Department of Computer Engineering are experts in numerous disciplines and are involved in following research areas:
- Data Science, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Data Structures, Text Mining, System Programming, Compiler Design, Parallel Computing, Advanced OS, Distributed Systems, Pattern Recognition
- Image Processing, Data Mining and Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Soft Computing
- Cloud and Big Data
- Advanced Network
- Network Security
- Internet and Web Technology
- Image Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Testing
- Internet of Things
- Data Science
- Natural Language Processing
To become a reputable world-class institution that is responsive to national, regional and global development needs through engaging in dynamic knowledge creation, innovation and application.
- To expand the frontiers of knowledge through the use excellent conditions for teaching-learning and research.
- To contribute to the transformation of society through creativity and innovation.
- To serve as a dynamic custodian of society’s moral values and thus sustain its integrity.