Faculty are free to take any training or certification courses of their choice during their free time, online or after college hours. In case, the faculty wishes to take leave to attend or complete the training or certification course the following conditions must be met.
- The training or certification should be relevant to the department or subjects being taught.
- No more than 3 days can be given in one semester or more than 5 days in one year.
- The lost days should not adversely affect the teaching load or syllabus completion of the faculty.
- The training or certification is conducted by a reputable organization or Industry association.
In addition, the faculty may apply for full or partial funding upto Rs. 10,000/- from the department budget for the training or certification provided the following additional conditions are met.
- Department has not exhausted its budget for the academic year.
- Faculty member must make an application to the Principal with a copy to the HOD.
- The Principal and HOD will review the application and check whether the policy guidelines are met.
- The Principal will make the final decision and communicate that to the concerned faculty member, HOD and registrar.