Faculty members are actively encouraged to participate in conferences and workshops to present and disseminate their research. In case funds are required for conference expenses such as travel or conference registration, faculty members may apply to the department for the funds. Principal may sanction partially or completely the faculty request provided the following conditions are met.
- A total amount of upto Rs. 50,000 can be sanctioned for each faculty member.
- The faculty member can avail this facility once every 2 years.
- Department has not exhausted its budget for the academic year.
- The conference is conducted by a reputable organization or Industry association or university.
- In case leave is required then no more than 3 days can be given in one semester or more than 5 days in one year.
- The lost days should not adversely affect the teaching load or syllabus completion of the faculty.
- Faculty member must make an application to the Principal with a copy to the HOD
- The Principal and HOD will review the application and check whether the policy guidelines are met.
- The Principal will make the final decision and communicate that to the concerned faculty member, HOD and registrar.