Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Ph.D. and PET:
The Admissions to Ph.D. program shall be through Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) subject to fulfilling following criteria:
- The Candidates shall have passed Master’s degree or Professional Degree or Full time Diploma declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding Statutory / Regulatory / Apex body, of Universities which are recognized by UGC with at-least 55% marks in aggregate of all years / all semesters or its equivalent CGPA grade ‘B+’ in the UGC 10 – Points scale or an equivalent CGPA grade in a other points scale wherever grading system is followed.
The Candidates shall have passed Master’s Degree by Research of Universities which are recognized by UGC as equivalent there-to with at-least 55% marks in aggregate of all years / all semesters or its equivalent CGPA grade ‘B+’ in the UGC 10 – Points scale or an equivalent CGPA grade in a points scale wherever grading system is followed.OR
The Candidates who shall be the fellow members of Institute of Chartered Accountant (CA) or Associate of Company Secretary (CS) and have at-least five years of professional experience after award of such degree and also shall have at least 55% marks in aggregate of all years / all semesters or its equivalent CGPA grade ‘B+’ in the UGC 10 points scale or an equivalent CGPA grade in a points scale wherever grading system is followed.OR
The Candidate(s) who is/are working as Officers in the rank of Assistant Registrar and above rank of this University and shall have minimum Five years’ work experience as Assistant Registrar in the regular cadre with the graduate degree. However, he / she shall have to clear the aptitude test conducted by the respective Research Center as per the procedure prescribed, here-in-after.OR
The Candidate having passed the Graduate Degree course with 15 years teaching / Research experience in the related field of Research with exceptional abilities and working in National Laboratories / State Laboratories / Government Institutes / Institutes of repute those are working for the National Interest. Such candidate shall have to be nominated / sponsored by their respective employer. However the exceptional abilities will be decided by RRC committee concerned, in such cases. Further, he / she shall clear the aptitude test conducted by the respective Research center as per the procedure prescribed, here-in-after.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of CGPA grade, may be allowed for those;
(a) Belonging to SC/ST/VJNT/SBC/OBC category (of the Maharashtra State).
(b) Belonging to differently-abled persons with more than 40% disability.
(c) Who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
(d) Other categories as per the decisions of the UGC, from time to time.
- However, the required proof to support such relaxation like Disability certificate by competent authority / Civil Surgeon, Caste Certificate, Non Creamy Layer Certificate, wherever applicable, Master’s degree certificate, etc., issued by Competent Authority is required to be produced at the time of admission / PET.
- The candidates with professional degrees governed / regulated by AICTE / COA / BCI are also required to produce the Caste Validity Certificate at the time of admission / PET.
- The Candidate needs to compulsorily appear in the PET of the subject in which they desire to pursue their Ph.D. degree.
- The Candidate desirous to pursue a Ph.D. degree in a Subject / Faculty other than the degree of their post-graduation need to clear the aptitude test conducted by the relevant University Department / Research Centre before applying for PET.
- The Candidates will also be provisionally allowed to appear for PET Entrance Test, provided :
(a) The Candidates who have appeared for the final year / final semester examination of the Master’s Degree program of the concerned faculty and result of such candidate is awaited.
(b) The Candidates who have applied for the revaluation after he / she was declared unsuccessful in the final year / final semester or any examination of the Master’s Degree program due to which the result of Master’s degree is kept on hold and also the revaluation result of such candidate is awaited.
- The Entrance Test Result of such provisionally admitted Candidates will not be declared unless he / she provides the certificate, that he / she secures the required marks for being declared eligible for Entrance Test (PET).
Procedure for Admission to Ph.D.
- The admissions will be based on the criteria notified by the Research centers / Institution, keeping in view the guidelines / norms in this regard issued by the University in consonance with UGC guidelines and other statutory / Apex bodies concerned, and also taking into account the Reservation policy of the Central / State Government, from time to time.
- The Candidates, who have been declared eligible in the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) and who have obtained Eligibility Certificates are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program, subject to fulfillment of other eligibility conditions.
- The Candidates, who are eligible for admission in Ph.D. Program and desirous to such admission shall contact the concern Research center(s) & submit there, in writing, his willingness to join the Program at such Research center. The list of subject-wise Research center & names of the Guide will be made available on University website.
- Research centers shall declare the program of admission on the Notice board and also on their website with at-least 15 days’ notice, clearly stating the (a) No. of Guides available, (b) Vacancies with each Guide, (c) Last date of submitting candidates application of willingness, (d) The date, time & venue of the Presentation or an interview, (e) Tentative dates of Results and (f) the Fees charged.
- The program of admission will normally be declared within three weeks from the date of the declaration of the PET results.
- Research centers shall scrutinize the details of applicant & eligibility of candidates as per eligibility norms prescribed by UGC / University and shall publish the list of eligible candidates and the separate list of not eligible candidates with reasons.
- The Presentation / an interview is to be organized by the respective Research centers where-in the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before the Research Advisory Committee.
- The Presentation / Interview shall consider the following aspects, mainly, whether :
(a) the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
(b) the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Research center;
(c) the proposed area of research can contribute to new / additional knowledge;
- On the basis of recommendations of Research Advisory Committee (RAC) The Research center shall declare the results of interview. RAC shall assign the guides to each candidate admitted at the respective Research center. The waiting list also shall be displayed which is valid till all admissions are completed at respective center or the date of issuance of notification for the next entrance test, whichever is earlier.
- The candidate got selected is required to take admission by paying the prescribed fees within Two weeks. Failing of which, admission will be given to the next candidate in the waiting list.
- The candidate shall require to produce all documents at the time of admission like UG & PG degree certificates, PET certificate, School Leaving Certificate or valid proof for Birth date, Caste certificate / Caste validity / Non Creamy layer wherever applicable and if caste benefits are claimed, marriage certificate / gazette copy in case of name change, NOC from the present employer, if required.
- Research centers shall admit the candidates on all vacant seats subject to their sanctioned intake capacity and submit such list to the University.
- The term of the candidate shall start from the date of their Topic Approval in the RRC Meeting.
- The entire information / notices / circulars / program schedule is made available on website. For University Departments it will be displayed on University website and their respective Notice boards, for Colleges and Research Institutes on their respective website and Notice boards. No individual communication is sent to the candidates. They are required to visit and check the website / Notices time to time. No complaint of non receipt of information shall be entertained in such respect.
Fee Structure: Rs. 1,25,000/- per year
|3||B.E. / B.Tech. Degree and Marksheet|
|4||M.E. / M.Tech. Degree and Marksheet|
|5||P.E.T. Score Card|
|6||Teaching Experience Letter / Certificate|
|7||Research Experience Letter / Certificate|