2011: Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
2007: Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
2004: University of California, Berkeley in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering
Research and Consultancy
- Development of Novel Instruments for Characterization of Polymeric and Biomaterials.
- Development of Drone Technology for Applications in GIS and Remote Sensing.
- Use of Big Data for Improving Educational Outcomes.
Controls, Instrumentation and Robotics, Smart Materials and Structures
- Contribution towards Economic Survey of India Volume 2, 2016-17, A Government of India Publication with Ministry of Finance and Niti Aayog, Chapter 8: Industry and Infrastructure Pages 222-230, Work done in collaboration with IDFC Institute. more…
- Pillai, P.V., Hunter, I.W. and Hernandez, E. “Application of Stochastic System Identification to the Study of the Compliance of Electroactive Polymers”, Review of Scientific Instruments, 2010, 81 (12). more…
- Silberstein, M.N., Pillai, P.V. and Boyce, M.C. “Biaxial elastic–viscoplastic behavior of Nafion membranes”, Polymer, 2010, doi: 10.1016/j.polymer.2010.11.032. more…
- “Conformable Antennas using Conducting Polymers” US Patent Application Number, 61/373343, US Patent Publication No. US 2017 0301979 A1 Granted on 19th October, 2017
- “Interconnection between Conducting Polymer Material” US Patent Application Number 13/766,257, US Patent Publication No. US20130197162, Granted on 18th April, 2016
- Provisional Patent Application: “A 3-axis machine for characterizing running shoe performance: Design and Testing” Gawlik, A., Gilbertson, M., Pillai, P., Folkers R., Slocum, A. and Wahab A. Submitted on 16th February, 2009
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized Post Graduate and PhD Guide University of Mumbai
- University of Mumbai, Academic Award (2012)
- Outstanding Service Award (2010) Boston Police Department and District Attorneys Office
- Soldier Design Contest: Gore Innovation Award Winner (2010)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Winner (2006-2009)
- MIT Harrington Fellowship Winner (2005)
- Materials Science and Engineering Department Citation Winner (2004)
- Intel Corporation Research Scholar (2004)
- Intel Student Research Contest Finalist (2004)